Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wild Olives by Todd English



Where the Wild Things Are
Being a passionate lover of all things culinary, I am always on the lookout for my next palate fix. I am an adventurous gourmand that will follow my passion beyond stereotype, the expected and the trendy. So, when I partake in a tasting of a restaurant's creation, I keep an open mind, looking for the element of that first bite that makes my body quiver with total excitement and makes me giggle like a little girl. To multiply this sensory effect, it is grand when the chef who’s created these oral explosions is himself sugar spun eye candy and a real dish!
Of course, I’m talking about celebrity chef Todd English, heartthrob and master of palate persuasion. Very few chefs have been able to connect and translate the beauty of the Mediterranean’s bounty as Chef English. He has teamed up with seasoned restaurateurs Lirim Jacobi, Dixon Li and John Watson who will take us to 'where the wild things are.'
When the full dinner menu launches on November 24, Wild Olives by Todd English will be serving Rustic Mediterranean dishes created to inspire and transport you to the sun drenched coastlines of this glorious region of the world.
On his passport to the sun, some of his creations include:
Delicious perfectly crusted savory flatbreads loaded with prosciutto and figs; palate-teasing Carpet Bagger Oysters wrapped in beef carpaccio and truffle whipped potatoes; Butternut, Brown Butter and Sage Tortelli; and Todd’s Signature Ricotta Cheesecake that lingers on the palate. The wine director does a stupendous show pairing the sublime with the perfect wines.
For reservations and information: 561-544-8000
The Shops at Boca Center, 5050 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton Florida.

2 comments: