Monday, May 11, 2009



Pick Me Up...

  The Spring and Summer's bounty of fresh vegetables and fruit is rolling in. I find it so exciting to be able to have these jewels available at my fingertips. They inspire me to cook off the hook and let their colors, shapes and flavors take center stage. It is one of my favorite times. I love to explore the outdoor markets, meet local farmers and who knows, maybe get picked up. After all, you never know where you'll meet someone. And thats exactly what happened to me . I was picked up! This is how it happened; 
 I was strolling along the many stands in awe of the beauty of the bounty, minding my own business and not giving much thought to anything. And then , all of a sudden, we made eye contact. I stopped in my tracks and stood there for just a moment. I knew it was all over. I knew a that moment that we had to be together.There was an unquestionable attraction. My blood rushed and my heart beat faster. I felt excited. As if under a spell, I was being lured by the aroma, the color, the shape.  It tickled my nose, opened my eyes and ignited all sorts of thoughts into my head. Then we came face to face. I was fixated. There IT was, basket after basket overflowing with red, juicy, ripe strawberries. I asked the farmer,"may I"?. "But of course", he answered as he gestured with his hand to be his guest. I took just a moment to choose the One. Then, as I brought the One towards my lips, it only took a little gentle pressure for the perfectly sweet, red juices to squirt in my mouth. I knew that this was heaven on earth and that there was no denying it.... it had to be. The farmer knew exactly was going on. He'd witness this kind of love at first bite before. No need for words and the rest as they say, is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment